Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Skirts.  I think we far underestimate skirts and the wonderful tools they are all year round.  The versatility that they provide with mixing tops, tights or shoes makes them summer or winter wear, dressed up or dressed down, but overall add a little flair of femininity. 



You will have to bear with me as my only camera is my Iphone.  I am hoping this will change with a little time but in the meantime, my trusty phone will have to do.  I know the lighting is hard to see but I have a navy skirt on, black top, black tights and black booties.  This is a simple but classic look for winter - great for church or a date or going shopping at the mall.  I love this skirt because it is easy to wear with different colors and it is very flattering to many shapes because of the high waist.  



Skirt:  Target
Shirt:  Maurices
Booties:  Target
Necklace:  Charlotte Russe

I don't remember where I got my tights but I am thinking of trying some lined ones (for warmth!) from H&M soon - I will let you know when I do and what I think!

Have a wonderful day!

XOXO
Joy

2 comments:

  1. Reading this made me realize something interesting about myself -- in the summer I wear pants and shorts more than anything, but in the winter I wear skirts & leggings more than anything, usually paired with boots.

    I love skirts and how they add a bit of femininity to an otherwise neutral look, especially since I choose to wear my hair super short.

    Loving your new blog, how fun! I can't wait to see where this goes. :) Happy blogging!

    XOXO
    Est

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes skirts and leggings are super cute in the winter - but I love them as an alternative to shorts in the summer time as well! And thanks for the support - I'm excited as well!

    ReplyDelete