Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Hair Extensions

Okay, girls, let's be honest here.  Hair:  We all want it but for some reason we think, "Well it doesn't count unless it's all mine - unless it's real."  Now, I get it.  I used to think that way too.  But our world is changing rapidly and guess what?  That mantra is a thing of the past.  It is more common than not for celebrities to have hair extensions and you'd be amazed at how many women walking around have them too.  I used to think that only really vain people used hair extensions and then as I looked into it and began to pay attention, I realized how many people actually use them now and how much of a difference they can make.  Hey, there is nothing wrong with getting a little help in this department if you need it or would like it. 

This is actually really liberating because it means we don't have to be born with amazing hair to enjoy amazing hair.  I personally benefit from this because I wasn't born with that long, luxurious, natural mane.  My hair is okay and can actually grow pretty long.  BUT, it's thin - more thin now after baby than it was before, which means that it gets really stringy and flat when it's long. 


Example of stringy, thin hair

Proffessional hair extensions are far too expensive for me to try and a huge upkeep so I thought I would never be able to try them.  (I wanted good, quality looking ones.)  Then someone told me that because hair extensions are so popular now that they had some great clip in ones at Sally's.  I figured I would go check them out.  They had multiple colors and lengths at Sally's and they are all 100% human hair (a must).  I bought a set and tried them out on a vacation that Peter and I went on.  They were nice but quite a bit longer than my actual hair so I felt like they didn't blend that well and looked more fake.  I used them a few times and put them away.

After I had Simon and was complaining to my sister about my super thin hair, she suggested trying my clip ins again.  I tried them and loved them so much that I began to wear them pretty consistently.  My hair had grown and was almost exactly  the same length as my extensions so they added precisely what I needed - volumne.  I kicked myself inwardly for not having used them sooner!  They made a world of difference and allowed me to not be so hard on my own hair in trying to produce volumne. 



Then I colored my hair dark for the fall (and of course forgot to take in my extensions to have them colored).  My hair looked even more thin now that it was dark and so I decided to go check out Sallys again.  Because my hair was the same length as my current extensions, I decided to go to the next length.  I got some 18 inch ones that matched my new color perfectly and that's what I use now.  I cannot tell you how much I love them.  They are a lifesaver.  My hair is long, luxurious and so easy to do!  I seriously wash them like once a week (or longer), curl them once and that's it.  I can clip them in and out and use them almost every day without having to curl them again.  I have instant volumne, length and curl whenever I want.  They take me about 4 minutes to clip in and I wear them all day. 




I have had my blonde ones for almost 2 years now and I plan on having my dark ones even longer.  Considering how much I wear them, the price at Sally's is very reasonable.  For the exact ones that I have find them here.  I am very interested to try these the next time I would have to get any.  I have heard amazing reviews on them.  It's a big purchase, but considering how long you will use them and wear them, it's totally worth it.  Start saving now.  =) 


I will be doing a future post about how to wash/style and clip them in.  Have a fabulous day! 


XOXO
Joy

1 comment:

  1. Find great and affordable deals on glamourweave forbrazilian human hair extensions in Women's Hair Extensions. Shop with confidence.

    ReplyDelete