Monday, March 31, 2014

Lashes, not Liner

Lashes are your beauty best friend.   They can do wonderful things for your whole look and especially your eyes.  This is one of the things I notice the most and I always point out to girls when I help them with their makeup.  Even if your lashes aren't super long, you want them to be your frame and standout feature (of your eyes).  Too often, I see lashes get lost because of eyeliner.  When your eyeliner is too bold for your lashes, it will make your eye seem smaller and a little more harsh.  You need to change your liner depending on your lashes.  If you have shorter lashes that tend to get hidden, use a lighter liner (brown instead of black) and/or do a much thinner (or more smudged) line.  Here is a picture where one of my eyes has more liner than lash and the other has more lashes:


Left eye has more liner, Right eye has more Lash 



Lashes add such a soft, feminine look which is why I love them!  They also make your eye look a lot bigger.  If you really want to get a smaller line with your liner, you can always line the water line of your top lid.  This will still give some pop without really looking lined.  I prefer to do a thinner line on the lid with a water line as well.  You also can smudge your liner with a makeup brush to help soften the line.

Have a wonderful day!

XOXO
Joy


No comments:

Post a Comment