Friday, March 14, 2014

When Natural Curl Falls Flat

When I hit my teenage years my hair began to have some natural curl to it.  It's kind of an annoying curl because it's not enough to let it air dry and have beautiful curl but it is enough to make it look kind of frizzy and unkempt.  When I dry it curly, I use my wonderful diffuser but sometimes my hair still has flat parts.  This is probably partly because of my hair being colored and I'm guessing pregnancy affected it.

Thus, enter my "natural curl" helper:  The 3 barrel curling iron.


I have had this baby since I was in highschool and it still works like a charm.  It is super fun and really helps to add curl to your flat parts.  I have also played around with it and "curled" my extensions so that I could wear them when I dried my hair with it's natural curl.  Using this curling iron on totally straight hair and curling your whole head is probably the most time consuming thing I have done but it is a lot of fun to try once and produces gorgeous curls.  =)  In highschool I did it a few times.  

Normally, I love to use this iron to just go over my "flat" pieces really quick and to make sure my bangs match the rest of my head.  It also is a life saver for the day after when my hair has naturally fallen flat due to sleeping on it.





)


Here is a pic to show you the difference - half of my head is done and the other half is not:


END RESULT:

Have a great day!

XOXO
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment