Friday, April 4, 2014

Moving: Finding Our New House

I wanted to wait on writing this post so I could have some pictures to accompany it.  It usually takes a  little while to set up the house so that's why this post took so long.  =)

Moving:  A Story of God's Hidden Grace Part 2:
As fun as house hunting may sound, it really wasn't because we didn't want to move in the first place and we really loved our home so it felt like nothing matched up.  There is definitely a rental "season" and we were not in it.  We looked at tons of houses online and walked through at least 15.  I know, this doesn't sound like a ton but for a rental house it felt like a lot.  Most of the houses we looked at were ok.  They weren't ideal or as great as our current place but we could make it work.  After having no luck in finding "the one", we re-examined priorities and widened the area in which we looked.  We were flabbergasted.  Peter and I had never looked this hard or long for a place before.  All of our previous places had basically been the first one that we looked at and we both loved them.  This time was totally different.  Because I had seen The Lord give us great houses in the past, I wasn't too worried about it but as time got away from us, we did become more urgent in our looking.

Covered Patio at night (can't wait for the summer dinner parties!)


I had my eye on this one house from the beginning but it was out of our price range.  After a few weeks, I noticed that the price had dropped!  I showed Peter and we agreed to look at it.  I looked at it (while Peter was at work) and fell in love.  It was beautiful, had everything we were looking for and just had that feeling of "home".  The one thing that Peter was not too excited about was the location (being farther away from the highway than he preferred).  It was a great, family-friendly area for me with lots to entertain Simon and I.  After wrestling with it for a while, negotiating with the property management group for a lower price plus longer lease (and then deciding against that because we didn't want a longer lease), the house became ours!  It is a long story but we are settled and God is good.

Simon loves the picture wall
Dining room and picture wall
Now, I know that Jesus isn't my personal genie who sits up there waiting on and granting requests from me - that's not what I'm saying at all.  I do wholeheartedly believe that He is Abba Father who loves to give good things to his children and loves when they ask in faith for it.  We love to include Him in every detail of our lives and that includes housing, therefore I am so thankful to Him for this new, beautiful place. Out of a crummy situation, He made something good.  THAT is why I said there was hidden grace in this whole journey.  He gave us a new place that we were excited to move to and raise a family in.  Jesus, in his GRACE to us guided and directed our move and I praise Him for that.

Enjoying the backyard
He loves to dig in the pots

Trying out a brunch place in our new neighborhood
Enjoying our breakfast nook with a friend

Helping with dishes in the kitchen
I don't have a ton of pictures at this time because I haven't had the best opportunities yet!  These will have to suffice for now.  =)  I hope this story can encourage you if you are going through a time where you are wondering why things are hard or unfair.  We have a big God that we serve and sometimes He allows things because He has something better.  I believe that what He is allowing is always better than what we had before if we yield ourselves to Him and allow Him to re-define what "better" or "best" is.  Take heart, friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment