Monday, April 14, 2014

Product Review: The Beauty Blender

The Beauty Blender






Have you guys heard of the Beauty Blender?  Well, today you'll learn all about it!  This handy sponge has been getting a lot of buzz in the makeup/beauty world so I finally had to try it myself and wow, I was blown away!  I had no idea what to expect, I mean, it's a sponge right?  But man, this is what I have been needing ever since I was introduced to using brushes for my makeup.  I have never been a huge brush fan for my foundation and have struggled with getting it just right.  This blender has totally changed that!  Anyone could put on a beautiful face of foundation with this guy!

This sponge will give you a perfect, flawless look with all your face products.  I use it for everything except eye stuff.  You wet it down before you use it so it is moist on your face and will "water down" your foundation to give you lighter coverage (if you want - it doesn't have to!).  I even use it for my dry powders (blush, contouring, setting powder etc) and it is amazing!  It just makes everything go on super smooth and even.  It gives the impression that I am a much better makeup artist than I am!  =)

The best part about this guy?  If you get too much of something in one area or need to remove some contour color (I usually struggle with getting both sides of my face to match), you just push a little harder so that some water comes out and smudges it off - all while keeping it flawless and perfect looking!

If you use foundation on your face this beauty blender will give you a glowing, smooth, air-brushed look.  If you contour at all, this is a must have product.  It has greatly reduced my "dirty" cheekbone look and now gives a perfect shadow under my glowing cheeks.  I also love using it with my Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation as it makes it not such a heavy coverage that it would be if I was using my fingers or brush.


Stores sell this beauty blender for $20 a piece which is really pricey!  So I got mine off Amazon - a two pack for $23.  So far I only use one and just wash it out everyday.  I use regular soap but I hear that Johnson's baby soap works really well too (didn't want to have to buy the pricey cleaner!).  I put a link to Amazon below for you all.





Try it out and let me know what you think!  I will be doing a future tutorial on it soon.

XOXO
Joy










No comments:

Post a Comment