Monday, April 7, 2014

Beauty Tip: My New Secret Weapon

Ok girls, I have been so excited to write this post because this new beauty find is so amazing that I had to share it with you all!

I have heard several people mention Estée Lauder's Doublewear Foundation and decided that I had to try it.  (If you need a post on why foundation is a good idea, you can read that here.)  I got a free sample of their foundation at the stand in Macy's.  (I think they have an Estée Lauder stand in Nordstrom's too.)  Remember, you can always get a free sample so take advantage of that!


I tried this stuff and was a believer after the end of day 1!  This stuff is water proof/sweatproof and smudgeproof!  If you are a Mom, this foundation will save your makeup.  Because it has such strong staying power, it will hold all your other makeup (powders, blushes etc) on just as well.  After I had worn it all day, I took my hand full of water, rubbed it all over my face and nothing came off (not even my blush).  Being a Mom means that you never know what is going to end up on your face so it's amazing to have makeup on that won't come off even if you end up wiping other things off.  =)  Obviously I don't mean that you can swim with this stuff or go crazy because it does not claim to be waterproof so it's not made for that.  But compared to what I was using before, it holds up pretty darn well.




I was tired of having makeup come off on my clothing or inch slowly down my face all day but with Estée Lauder Double Wear, that doesn't happen anymore!  I am never going back to regular foundation.  In fact, I plan on wearing this through my next labor and delivery. ;)   (I am not pregnant!  =)).

Tip:  Give it a little time to "set" after applying before you put on your powders and blush (do your eye makeup while it sets).  Also, be careful applying your contour and blush because it will stick to the foundation really well making it harder to fix mistakes.

This picture was taken after I had worn it all day, then took a handful of water and rubbed it all over my face - nothing came off!  You can actually see a water drop on my chin still in this picture.  Pretty amazing stuff!


Seriously, just try a free sample and then decide for yourself but I am never going back.  =)  

  
XOXO
Joy








3 comments:

  1. Do you wear primer? Benefits/not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn, I have not tried primer with this foundation. I have used primer in the past but I have not felt the need with this foundation as it goes on beautifully and stays so well. I would be curious to try primer with it though and see....

    ReplyDelete