Monday, May 19, 2014

How to: Summertime Smooth Legs

My sister-in-law told me about this tip that she had read about to get silky smooth legs but I was hesitant to try it.  It sounded like a lot of work and I have a busy toddler so I'm always looking for ways to cut time off of my beauty routine, not add to it.

The recipe for super soft legs went something like this:  a DIY sugar scrub (here is a list of recipes to try) that you slather all over your body in the shower, shave it off and do it all over again.  My first reaction was probably the same as yours:  Shave twice??  Who has time to shave twice?  I barely have time to shave once!

I thought about it, though and decided to try it once - well, at least the shaving twice part.  I tried it on a day where I didn't have to wash my hair, just needed to rinse off (please tell me I'm not the only one who splits shaving and hair washing into different days to save time? =)).

I am not a big fan of sugar scrubs.  I hate the residue they leave all over the shower or tub (again, makes cleaning take longer and I'm all about saving time!).  I actually have a pair of these guys in my shower:



Peter and I both use them to wash off and we love them!  It's super fast but has more exfoliating power than a regular wash cloth.  They are washable so I throw them into the washer every so often to clean them and just keep using them.

So, I exfoliated really well using these gloves and my trusty Dove soap, shaved and did it all over again.

I will say that there was a difference - it was the closest shave I have ever had and my legs were super smooth.  Is it something I can't live without and will have to do from here on out?  No.  BUT, it was the perfect prep for my DIY sunless Tan so I highly recommend it for that (blog coming on DIY tan!).

Give it a try and let me know what you think!

XOXO
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment