Friday, May 30, 2014

Best Sunless Tanners

I love a good tan. Having some color can do so many things: makes your teeth whiter, you look thinner, your muscles are more defined, your skin has a healthy glow etc.  Going to a tanning bed is expensive, time consuming and not the best choice for your health. But living in Oregon means that I won't be seeing the sun for months on end so I had to figure something out.

I personally love a good, airbrush tan. It looks the most natural and is guaranteed even coverage. This is also expensive so it is a treat for me but not something I can do very often.

Out of all the self tanners I have tried, these are the ones I like best and why:

I love this one for your face and neck. I don't attempt to spray my body because it's too hard to get it even.
 Pros: It provides a quick, smooth, even coverage
 Cons: It can be clumpy/spotty


I love this L'Oreal sunless tanner for body coverage.
Pros:  It gives great color and dries super fast. It has some bronzer and sparkle in it so you can see where you have applied it. It does not streak and gives natural looking color. It washes off your hands easily and does not leave them looking discolored.  It's not expensive!  It's around $6 I think?
Cons: I don't prefer the sparkle in it so I like to apply it at night so that I can shower it off in the morning.  It feels a little sticky because it's a gel but overall it does dry very nicely. This one could be more "orange" on some people but you'd have to try it to see.


I actually have not tried Tanwise yet but I have it on my to do list! It has great reviews and comes with a mitt that you can wear to avoid getting it on your hands. It's a mousse so would dry quickly!



I have told you all about Sunlabs Sunless tanner before and I do love it because it is the least "orange-y" colored one I have used, however, the cons outweigh the pros for me.
Pros:  Gives a dark tan that is not orange, no parabens and no super bad smell. 
Cons:  VERY hard to get off your hands as it sinks in to your palms while you apply it.  This lotion takes a lot of it to get a noticeable tan so you have to really slather it on. 

TIP:  If you are having trouble washing it off your hands after application, use baking soda on your palms and scrub them together then rinse.


XOXO
Joy






No comments:

Post a Comment