Monday, January 20, 2014

The Nude Lip

I love a good, nude lip. When paired with a smoky eye, it's one of my favorite looks!  There is a big difference, though, between nude lips done correctly and incorrectly.  If not done right, you  can look like  you don't have any lips, like this:





OR
If not done properly, you can look like you have white or barbie pink lips like this:



The key to making a nude lip work is lip liner AND lipgloss.  You still want defined, 3-D lips so always use a liner and a gloss with a nude lip.  I prefer a slightly pink gloss. 

Remember how I said that your primer would come in handy this week and that I really wanted to try new things without making purchases?  Well, here is where it all comes together! I tried a nude lip this past week and I could not find my lipstick so I used the DIY eyeshadow primer for my lips!  With my liner and gloss it really turned out well - I was impressed.  Now I have even more reason for this eyeshadow primer! 




Again, these pictures don't totally do it justice because the lighting doesn't show the true color.  So go get your eyeshadow primer that you made last weekend and give it a try!  Because it's a primer, you could also use this under your other lipsticks to make them stay longer and go on better.  It would be a really nice base.  Most likely I will eventually purchase a nude lipstick but for now, this will work!

My current lip liner that I use for everything is:  MAC Whirl
But I have heard that Maybelline Mink Eyeliner makes a great lip liner and I really want to try it next! 

Let me know how your nude lips turn out with your primer!  

XOXO
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment