Friday, January 17, 2014

DIY Eye Shadow Primer

Hey girls!

  I came across this awesome recipe for DIY eyeshadow primer and I had to share it with you all!  Now, if you are like me, eyeshadow primer won't be something that you use all the time, but for those special occasions out when you want your makeup to stay longer or you want that great smoky eye, this will be perfect!  The best part about it:  You probably already have the ingredients!  This week I have been particularly determined to try some new things with my makeup but without having to purchase anything. I was thrilled to discover this recipe and it works great!

Use a clean container and mix together:
1/2 teaspoon natural chapstick
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 1/2 teaspoon liquid foundation (whatever you have!)

You might try warming up the chapstick first so that it's easier to mix.  Now, I didn't have chapstick on hand but I have aquaphor so I used that instead.  I mixed it with my finger so once I was done, I used the excess on my finger to put it on my eyelids and my face as foundation.  Aquaphor is so good for your face and it feels wonderful and smooth!



I know, it's eyeshadow primer so you can't really see it but it's all I have on my eyelids in this pic.  Trust me, you have got to try this stuff!  I think it would make a great concealer for tough areas too.  Make some up this weekend and start getting used to it because you'll need it for next week's post.  =)  (How's that for a teaser??)

Have a great weekend!

XOXO
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment