Friday, June 27, 2014

My Colorado Fave's

Hey girls,
  We are still traveling and Simon and I have been in Colorado for a couple weeks now.  For me, it's always a little nostalgic coming here since this is what I consider to be my home state.  My entire family is here (minus one sister) and staying at my parent's house (my old home) always brings back so many memories.  It is so special to bring Simon here and watch him enjoy my parents/siblings and old stomping grounds.  Every time I return to Colorado, I am reminded of things that I miss about this place - things that I forget I am missing until I am here and am reminded of them.  I decided that today's post will be a list of those plus a few pictures of our trip.  =)  Obviously the thing we miss the most is being close to family - that is #1 for us.  Today's list will be things outside of that.


My Colorado Fave's:
1.  The driving.  Everyone drives a LOT faster here than in Oregon!  It's nice to feel like you can actually drive freely on the highways as there are a lot more lanes.  The speed seriously is crazy - truckers will pass you on the highway if you are going 80 in the left lane!  It's liberating and a little scary at the same time.  =)

2.  The fact that you can open the windows on a hot, summer day and get a cool breeze that will keep your house at a nice temperature and make your house downright cold at night.

3.  The bombshell hair that the dry air gives me.  Peter regularly tells me that he misses my "Colorado hair" and I usually sigh and say the same thing.  Something about the dry air here means that the frizz is gone and my hair has lots more body and volume.  I seriously miss this.

4.  The thunder storms.  I am always taken by surprise at just how loud the thunder is here and how crazy the storms are.  They usually roll in around 3 pm and roll out almost as quickly as they arrive so your sunshine day will almost always end with a beautiful sunset.  

Storm rolling in
5.  The sunsets!  There is almost nothing like a Colorado sunset.  This is largely due to the fact that you have so much open space (and open sky) so you can almost always see the sunset from where you are. The majestic mountains serve as an amazing backdrop to these incredible paintings.  I could walk every evening and just watch the sunset for the rest of my life.



6.  Workouts.  Working out here means that not only do you work harder due to the altitude but that you sweat less (because of the dry air).  I hate washing my hair every time I workout and I miss that I didn't have to when I lived here.


Playing at Grandad and Mum-Mum's

Breakfast at the bar
Catching Crawdads at Castlewood Canyon
Castlewood Canyon - fun with cousins and friends
Cousin Alaina and her crawdad



Well, that's all I have for today!  We are headed out on our last leg of the trip.  It sure has been a wonderful few weeks being back here and seeing family.  


XOXO
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment