Sunday, December 1, 2013

Quinoa Black Bean Bowls

This is another meal that we eat a lot!  You can use rice or quinoa - I use whatever I have in the pantry.  It is such an easy, quick meal to make.  I usually use it as an opportunity to clean out my fridge.  If you have any leftover meat from a previous meal (usually a roast chicken for me), it goes great as a topping and is a way to use it up.

Basically it goes something like this:

-Cooked quinoa or brown rice (I season mine with some liquid aminos and coconut oil)

Top with:
-Black beans (you can either simmer them on the stove so that they're softer or eat them straight out of the can - drained and rinsed)
-Fresh cut tomatoes
-Avocado
-Shredded, roast chicken (or any leftover meat)
-Shredded raw cheddar cheese
-Steamed Kale (or whatever veggie you have in the fridge that needs to be eaten)
-Nutritional yeast - we love this stuff!  If you don't know what this is, this explains it.
-Salsa

As you can see this is a very easy meal with lots of options.  Feel free to mix and match or substitute to your heart's desire.  It is also a great meal to make for a group because it's not hard to make in bigger quantities and it's not expensive!






I eat this a lot for lunches and love it.  Simon loves it too - I just blend his all up and he eats it with me.

Enjoy!

XOXO
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment