Thursday, August 6, 2015

St. Tropez

Okay girls,
  My latest summer obsession is the St. Tropez Tanning Mousse!  Seriously, if you haven't tried it, you are missing out!!  It gives the BEST color that I have ever tried and it's totally smooth with no lines or anything.

As a Mom, I don't have time to lay around at the pool getting a tan - I'm running after my toddler and holding my baby which means that my arms/back/chest can get some sun on their own but my legs hardly leave the water nor does my face see the sun.  I didn't want to just have white legs and face all summer so I've been self-tanning them to match the rest of my body.  This stuff looks so natural, I have had people tell me that my tan looks good (including legs) and when I tell them it is a mousse, they don't believe me!

If you try it, you HAVE to get a mitt to use to apply it with.  I had never tried one before but was very interested (anyone who self tans knows all about avoiding the orange palm ;)).  I purchased both at Sephora and I will never be going back!

It is so easy to apply, dries quickly and gives the best color.  I look forward applying my new tan on a weekly basis!

Here's how I apply it:
-I shower first (usually in the evening) so that I can exfoliate well and shave.  You want to make sure that you shave right before you apply it (including your face if you do so!) so that you'll get the best, non-streaky look that lasts the longest.  

-After I have dried off, I put some lotion on the parts of my body that I want to make sure don't look weird (elbows, knees, ankles, wrists, armpits etc). I give that a minute or two to dry and then just put my mitt on, squeeze some mousse onto it and rub it on.  It practically melts into your skin.  You will see a tiny difference at first but not a ton.  

-Wait til it dries on your body to get dressed (usually I put on pj's afterwards so that it's loose clothing).

-Give it a few hours to set in - usually I just go to bed and in the morning I wake up with a perfect, sun-kissed glow.  


Tip:  When applying to your back (I usually don't need to during the summer), have a friend or spouse do it for you in the places that you can't reach.  =)





                                                                                     




Cheers!
Joy



No comments:

Post a Comment