Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Maxi-SKIRTS

Okay, I have been wanting to write this post for a while because I love finding ways to use different articles of clothing to create multiple looks.  One of the easiest ways to do this is to wear dresses as skirts.  Yes, I do this a lot.

One of my pet peeves is when I buy a maxi dress, wash it and it shrinks several inches and becomes too short.  That means that I now have to pair it with flats (which are ok sometimes, but yes, I am a girl who likes her heels ;)) OR it looks super awkward and highwater ish.

Example A 

So, I decided to wear some of mine as a skirt instead which then makes it longer and allows me to wear the heels I like.








Of course I had to get a couple pictures with Miss Scarlett because she was looking so cute in her green dress.  She is in such a fun stage right now and I am really enjoying her a lot.

For this look to work, I wore a black tank top and used a belt to cover the top of the dress (because it had the sweetheart neckline).   I'm not sure why it looks bunched up in some pictures - I didn't realize til after they were taken and it was too late to fix it.  ;)  You can find lots of ways to make dresses into skirts and it's so fun to have a new look without buying a new piece.


Dress:  It's super old - I got it long before I was ever married.  Hot Topic I think?
Shoes:  Target
Tank Top:  Motherhood Maternity (please tell me I'm not the only one who loves maternity tank tops??)


So tell me, how do you like to re-use your dresses?  I love new ideas.  =)

Cheers!
Joy


1 comment: