Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Shaving: The New At Home Facial

I know, I know, when you hear shaving and facial in the same sentence you probably are picturing something like this:



  Rest assured, that looks nothing like what I am talking about.


  To be honest, I have played around with shaving parts of my face for years.  I have noticed that makeup goes on so much more smooth and looks so nice when you have removed some of the peach fuzz.  And because I have blonde hair on my face, I never really bought into waxing it because it was still unnoticeable when it grew in (because of the blonde color).

  I didn't talk about it much with anyone because I figured estheticians and beauticians would laugh at me and tell me I was doing absolutely the wrong thing.

  Then I heard about this video (I already knew who the girl was) and I watched it:





 I felt so justified after seeing this video that I decided to go for it.  Now, she mentions a lot that people can see your peach fuzz and that's why you should shave.  While that is true, that's not the only reason for shaving your face:

  1. Seriously, if you use makeup on your face you will love how great it goes on when your face is hair free.
  2.  If you blend your makeup into your neck (and you should be doing that if you wear foundation), then it will not only feel the same but it will look different (the peach fuzz on your neck is longer than it is on your face - I can definitely see mine).
  3. Shaving your face is a huge way to exfoliate it really well!  Think about men and how they keep their complexion more smooth and clear (and youthful)  - well, they regularly exfoliate through shaving!  You will help clear up your skin and keep it nice and smooth.  It's a mini facial right at home.
  4. You don't have to do it all the time!  You can do this once or twice a week at most.
  5. No more paying for waxing that upper lip.  I have not waxed (or threaded) my upper lip for years because I know I can shave it quick myself.  Yes, ladies, you have a mustache even if it's blonde.  =)

Okay, have I convinced you to at least try it?  If so, you do NOT use a regular razor - nor shaving cream.  Use an eyebrow razor which is made for dealing with smaller, finer hairs.  Also, the benefit of an eyebrow razor is that they don't cut you (at least not me - it would be hard to cut yourself with one of these).  To try it:

I started with a clean, dry face.  Shave in quick, downward strokes at a 45 degree angle (it doesn't work if you use it straight on).  You will probably have to play around with the angle some - I had to figure it out the first time.  Once done, rinse off with water (or a toner first and then water) and then follow up with a moisturizer.  You will love how your face feels afterwards!

Here are the razor's she mentioned in the video (although I just found some at Target that I have used.)



Try it at least once and give me your feedback!  Love it?  Hate it?  Indifferent?  I wanna hear!

XOXO
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment