Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Makeup Drawer Overhaul

Hey girls,
  I have been struggling with my makeup drawer for a while now and finally got around to re-organizing everything. I had a friend suggest that I do a post about it to give ideas so here it is. :)

For the record, I am embarrassed to share the before picture cause it had become SO out of control however, I did have it looking better before a certain (almost) 2 year old decided to dump the contents all over the drawer.  I'm sure none of you can relate to that. ;)

Here is how I have been living with my makeup drawer: I had most of my stuff in 2 different makeup bags that worked okay but I was constantly searching for things and they would get messy being all together like that.



Pretty bad, huh? It was downright embarrassing.
Now here is the after pic:




I got this amazing drawer set at Homegoods along with the cute little jar to hold q-tips. Eventually I want to get a separate jar to hold brushes in so they can stand up but still have a lid to protect from dust.

It's so handy that there is a smaller drawer on top for all my eyewear (eye cream), eye shadow etc and then deeper drawers below to hold foundation, powders, brushes and blush etc.







I am so happy with the results and wishing I had done it a long time ago!  If I really needed to conserve space on my countertop, I could simply put this entire thing in a cupboard and still have it ready to go at any time.  I highly recommend it if you have a need for more organization in your life.  =)


Happy Organizing!

XOXO
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment