Monday, February 24, 2014

Waxing versus Threading

When I first began to groom my eyebrows, I plucked like I had been shown.  The problem with plucking is that it's hard to keep the brows even and to not get over-zealous.  I was constantly riding the wave of over-plucking and then letting them grow back in to start over.  It was not fun.

Eventually I began getting them waxed and liked it much better because it was faster and they were a lot more even.  What I hated about waxing was that if  you got a different person then your brows turned out differently.  There were several times when part of my brow was taken off and I was not happy about it.  It also made my skin super red right afterwards - so much so that I would not want to go anywhere in public for a few hours which was annoying. Overall, though, it was much better than plucking them myself.

Here's a picture to show my eyebrows when I was getting them waxed:
Notice the arch and overall shape

Yes, this picture is back before I knew about HAC and I was really tan cause we were on a trip to Miami.  =)  I look at my makeup then compared to my makeup now and sometimes cringe. =)  That is why I love to keep learning and trying new things cause there are so many tips out there and neat tricks that can really help change a whole look.

Last summer, Peter introduced me to the world of threading.  I was extremely skeptical and really didn't understand how it worked.  Let me just say, after my first time I was HOOKED!  The women who do it have been professionally trained and know exactly what they are doing.  My eyebrows have seriously never looked so good.  With threading, they can shape them so much more effectively that my arch looks way more defined now.  It was pretty painful the first time, however, after that it has become far less painful.  I also love that you can get them done every 2 weeks (instead of having to wait 3 weeks like you do for waxing).  I hated always having to grow my eyebrows out in-between waxes but with threading, you can go in right when they start to look noticeable.  My eyebrows also look way less red after I get it done.  The pricing is very comparable to waxing and the place that I go to offers "memberships" where you pay an upfront fee and then can go in whenever you want for 3 months.  Try it at least once!  I promise you won't be disappointed.




See how the arches are so much more defined and shaped nicely?  It doesn't look like just a straight line connecting to another straight line.  It gives a more soft, natural look.  Brows make a huge difference in your overall face shape/appearance and affect the look of your eyes as well.  Trust me, I will never go back to the world of waxing these babies!
For all the girls who live in Oregon, this is the place that I go to.  Every woman who works there is great - I have seen them all and they all know what they're doing! Let them know that you found out about their business from me.  =)

Have a wonderful day!

XOXO
Joy

2 comments:

  1. Yes, but what exactly IS threading?? :) I know, silly question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Threading is like a really fast version of plucking. They use a thread and pull each hair out individually but at lightning speed. So, it's fast like waxing but with the precision of plucking.

    ReplyDelete