Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Gluten Free, Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ok,  this recipe is one that I make all the time!  It's so quick, easy and I usually have the ingredients on hand.  I am a chocolate girl so it's not something that I cut out of my diet even while being healthy.  =)  Most often, I make my own chocolate out of raw honey, coconut oil, cocoa powder and vanilla.  I love using that in these cookies but you can definitely use chocolate chips.  =) For homemade chocolate, find the recipe here.

This right here is all you need for the ingredients:

Oats, Banana, Peanut Butter, Vanilla, Honey and Chocolate)
See how easy it is???  I'm telling you, this recipe is awesome!   Let me just say that I don't usually measure when making these so I'm guessing on the amounts.

Begin with mashing up 2 ripe bananas.  Mix those with 1/2 cup of peanut butter and 1 tsp of vanilla. You can add in honey if you feel like you need it - around 1/4 -1/3 cup.  If your bananas are more green (and less sweet) then add some honey.  If they are more ripe, you probably don't need it.




Next, add in rolled oats until you have a consistency thick enough to to form into cookies but not thick enough to roll into balls of dough.  (Around 2 cups?)



Add in your chocolate chips or whatever chocolate you want.  Once mixed up, your dough consistency should look something like this:


Drop onto a cookie sheet (should make about 1 pan)


Bake at 350 for 10-11 minutes.  And this is what they come out looking like:



So gooey and scrumptious!  

Simon loves them too.





Because these really have no sugar in them (when I make my own chocolate), I don't feel bad letting him have them after his meal.  


Until the next recipe,

XOXO
Joy


No comments:

Post a Comment